NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have checked with the dealer and they want to charge a fortune. This is my daughter's car and she doen't have that kind of money. Any ideas from you NB Gurus? I would really appreciate it!:confused::confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

Thanks, jfoj. This is probably more than I can handle. Do you have any ideas who might do the work without charging so much? Or are there any "shortcuts" anyone can think of, short of doing all this?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Actually looks pretty simple, just drop the lowest part of the dash where the heated seat buttons are. From the diagram it appears it is only 4 screws to pull the lower panel after you remove the access covers, see page 7 of the PDF.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again

Thanks jfoj. I thought it was directing me to dis mantle the whole dash just for that. Page 7 is more manageable. Any special screwdriver I need, and if so, where will I find one?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I have not pulled the base of my dash off, so I have no idea. My guess is it will either be a standard Phillips head or a Torx style driver required.

Torx drivers can be purchased at an auto parts, hardware or home store these days.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
All of the screws in the dash are the Torx style screws. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
If Torx, probably T10, T15?

Just be aware that the buying a complete Torx driver set will be FAR cheaper than going to the dealer.

The Aux jack popping out is a COMMON problem. My car is a 2003 and did not have an Aux jack so I do not know how they are mounted, my guess is you will need to epoxy or come up with a better solution that VW originally had to hold the jack in place.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts