NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
goth bugg'n
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i let my mom use the car she parked it on a slight incline left it in "reverse" and didn't put the e-brake on, when i was on my way to work later that night the brake light came on chiming and blinking. I stop the car pull the e-brake up all the way let back down didn't fix it and i jiggeled it still nothing the car drives fine its just the brake light keeps coming on blinking at me every couple of minutes...i would really appreciate some feed back.... thanks:confused:

·
Eine Kleine Panzer
210 Posts
Have you checked the fluid level to make sure you have fluid?
Has anything banged into or got caught near the front driver side wheel where the brake sensor is located?

·
Registered
121 Posts
If your brakes are really thin (needing changing), the light will start to blink to let you know you need to change the brakes. If the fluid is low the brakes need changing. The fluid will rise when the brakes are changed. Check this out before you add fluid, if you add it will only overflow when the brakes are changed. If your not handy, Midas will check your brakes for free. Tell them your going on a trip and just want to have the car checked. Don't have them change the brakes. They will only use their own products, not the best out there. They have a lifetime warranty on their products, but you have to pay for the labor each time the replace their cruddy product.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Brake Brake Brake ding ding ding ding ding

I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm having the same problem. I did a search on "brake" and read all 14 pages of answers.

The car brakes fine and the emergency brake works fine. (So far.)

I just had it inspected two weeks ago and had the oil changed at Jiffy Lube, where they are supposed to top off all the fluids. If I needed new brakes, wouldn't that have been noted during the safety inspection? Or wouldn't Jiffy Lube have mentioned it if the brake fluid were very low?

I'm too broke to pay attention right now and my credit card is almost maxed, and if I could put car repairs off for a month or so, I would drive with the dash flashing "Brake" and beeping at me.

Also, I gather from other answers that "Brake" flashing on the dashboard means the e brake and not the regular brakes, and that the ABS light comes on if it's the brakes. Is this true?

Please advise, thanks.

ETA: I added brake fluid and the light shut off. Now I just have to figure out why I'm losing brake fluid...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts