NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger side low beam on my NB doesn't work. I replaced the bulb but that didn't help. Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting the problem? Does anyone have a wiring diagram? The high beam works fine so I don't know where to begin troubleshooting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wiggled the wire and the light flickered, so there must be a lose wire or bad connection. I took the headlight assembly off and tested the contacts, they seem fine. I can't figure out how to test the contacts on the electric socket (the one attached to the headlight bracket/housing. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fixed! Thanks to another post I found, I figured out that when I was pushing the headlight assembly into the bracket, the electric plug was not seating properly. It was seating somewhat, but the plastic bracket was getting pushed back, so only some of the pins were making contact. I took a crowbar (yes) and used it to apply light pressure to the back of the contact while my daughter pushed the headlight in. It didnt' take much force, but the plug is now seated all the way in and the lights work just as advertized.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts