VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Turbo
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had this bright idea of trading my wheels for another set, long story short the guy stripped my lug nuts, and I ended up keeping my wheels.

So here's the catch, my first three to four threads are stripped out on the front lugs, And everytime I drive I have to get out and tighten them up. I think the threads are the only thing that are stripped out, but only certain lugs fit in certain holes in the hub. Im a bit skittish about driving it bc I'm afraid the wheel is going to fall off.

Anyone know what I should do? I've even tried to use blue thread lock, still comes loose. Any help please would be appreciated

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Man, do not know what to tell you other than get this mess figured out.

Buy a tap for the hub threads and then chase/clean up the hub threads and buy new lug nuts.

But are the wheels correct for your car/hubs?

You may have multiple problems?

Might even need to install Helicoils in the hubs, replace the hubs or install a stud kits?

Does not sound wise to drive the car at this moment?

·
Turbo
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea dude that was recommended to me so far, but it's not my wheels I've had them on there for about a year now, and I have to drive it, is my only vehicle, and I can't afford another one. A minimum wage job sucks.

But where can I buy the taps?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts