NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used glove box door and it doesn't fit my daughters beetle. The difference is her '04 glove box door is lighter and has a thinner hinge where the pin goes through to mount it to the glove box. The door I bought is heavy and has multiple, 3-4, ridges by the pin mount vs. 2 for the one on her car. Can anyone out there tell me what year this heavier hinged glove box door came from? The dealer was no help but did verify it is a beetle door. It was tan in color originally too. In the picture the door on the bottom is the one I am trying to identify so I can get it sold. Reply here or [email protected], thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,051 Posts
What is the part number? The part number should be on the flat edge on the bottom; if you are buying a new door. Call any VW dealer with your VIN number and they will get you what you need. You can also; go to these guys website and they list the part number, after you look up the parts for your car through the pull down menus.

Volkswagen Parts 2Go | Genuine VW Parts 25% Off

If you get the part number off the used glove box door; you might also, just google it and see what application info you get as well.

Maybe it is the same as this one? It says; it fits up to 2001:

Volkswagen part #: 1C1880882B7DE

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen...&utm_content=postreply&utm_campaign=postreply

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
glove box door ID

I know about dealers and parts. However they could not identify the door I have. The numbers and letters that are supposed to be after 880882 on the part number are missing on my glove box. But the site you attached to my post had the picture of the door I have with the heavier hinges and identifies it as 98-2001 fit.

·
Registered
14,051 Posts
So, is it the one from ECS Tuning? Volkswagen part #: 1C1880882B7DE Mystery solved?

Did you find a door for your particular year; New Beetle? I hope; that you have your car; repaired and complete with a working glove box door, once again! :) I am still looking for a replacement door for my 02 Turbo S; the doors for mine are very expensive (special aluminum handle). Trying to find a used one; repair it and save some dough in the process. I guess I am not the only one; who has found these to break easily... like everyone else! :cool:
Just out of curiosity; what specifically, broke on your old one?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts