VW Beetle Forum banner

Help Installing ATS/Cord Spoiler!

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  heyou 
#1 ·
I bought this spoiler used from a member ont he old forums, and I'm having some trouble getting it mounted. The gasket and the double sided tape were not included with the sale, and though I found a suitable tape, I don't know where toi get the gasket! it's to keep rainwater out of the trunk, so I want to get the gasket mounted right, where can I buy one? Also, how exactly do I mount it? The included pictures are washed out photocopies.

Thanks!

#4 ·
Best chance is to just go out and dry fit it a couple times in a few different places and see where it fits the most snug and looks the best. Other than that, thats about the best I can offer.

#5 ·
The gasket is to keep rain water from leaking into the trunk, but the picture shows the gasket covering most of the wing. Should I just apply it around the bolt holes?

Scan of instruction pic coming later.

Also, I emailed ATS yesterday, no reply yet.

#8 ·
Finally got the damn thing installed, and it looks great!

I gave up on finding a new gasket and used some silicon sealant.
I called ATS about it, and they told me I could get it from VW of America, who had no idea what I was talking about, so I went with the sealant. I was a little bit worried about it not being secure with only two bolats and some tape, but that isn't going anywhere!

I'll probably go start a photo thread after I take some pics.
Thanks for the help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.