NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way back from Thanksgiving and stopped to get gas. Car will not start, just cranks and then I get the check engine light and epc. Says p0322 engine speed sensor. It has come.on before but started after a few min. This time nothing. I am stuck in Moab, Utah and need to find out where this sensor is so I can replace it. Car is 1.8 turbo automatic. Please help asap with pictures if at all posible.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The engine speed sensor also known as the crank position sensor is mounted into the engine block just to the right of the oil filter as you look at it from the front of the car.
It has one bolt on top holding it in, it usually helps to remove it if you give it a turn counter clockwise and then use a flat blade screw driver under the mounting tab to help pry it out.

Hope this helps...

CPS.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the sensor over a week ago and no more issues of the car not starting. And no codes being thrown. I ended up taking the oil filter off to get to it. Made it easier to reach and I was due for an oil change anyway. It was stuck pretty tight into the motor but with a little effort it came out with no issues. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts