NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been over a year since our Rusty died. I told Carolyn we would get another dog when when we bought our own home. So, she started searching for a dog and she found one! She is part yorkie, part maltese, with a dash of poodle thrown in! a few short years ago, she would of been considered a mutt, but these days, not so. I guess you could say she is a Maltiyorkpoo! The owners are calling her Dinkie, but neither of us like that name. She will be weaned on the 20th and we can't wait! She will get to be about 6lbs. We haven't thought of a good name yet, Pdoel, suggested Snowball, and that is definately a front runner. Does anyone have a suggestion?? Have a look:

Attachments

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
CUUUUUUUTE! ♥ ♥ ♥
I like the name Tribbles. :)

- Chowder? :p
- Autumn (since you will be getting her in the autumn)
- Crayola... not sure why, first thing I thought of??
- Malty - She's a maltese/yorkie/poodle... and kind of malty colored?

I helped my sister name her Morkie. Chloe Honey B.

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Oh boy, your new puppy is so sweet!! I like animals much; in particular horses and dogs are my favorites :heart:

I don´t have any name in my mind yet, but Snowball is so far the coolest :D

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow! Some great names! We get her on Thursday! I love Brandy, we had a Shelite named Mandy, so that's good, they all are! Thanks so much everyone for the suggestions, I'll pass them on to the wife. We have gotten Dusty, Scrappy, and Dinkie, which the owners are now calling her. Thanks again! I think Karman is the running favorite at this moment!!!!! Keep the suggestions coming!!!!

·
5/23/10 <3
10,932 Posts
I'd wait until you get her and see her personality. You can name her from photos and brief interactions, but her personality will help you pick a name. I've had many dogs, and even after naming them, sometimes the names changed a week or so into ownership because of their behaviors and such.

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd wait until you get her and see her personality. You can name her from photos and brief interactions, but her personality will help you pick a name. I've had many dogs, and even after naming them, sometimes the names changed a week or so into ownership because of their behaviors and such.
That is a great idea. It's kind of like naming our Bugs, after we get to know them a bit. :)

·
5/23/10 <3
10,932 Posts
Critters tend to let you know of a good name, just as the Bugs do :) I know of at least 2 of my pets that we've changed names for at least once (of course, it was early in the naming before they really learned them!). But giving a pet a name is so much fun. You'll figure out one that fits her...she's a cutiepie

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We have had our baby for 4 days now and we have decided to name her after the MaltiPoo we had before and call her COCO! She just looks and sounds & acts like Coco! She has the sweetest personality, it is unbelievable how sweet she is, watching her play! She will get a toy and prance so proudly, like she has accomplished some great feat! She is only a few weeks old, and she is responding to the "pee pee" words. She is having some accidents, but we are watching closely. Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts