VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I have a 2002 1.8T AGU code. My car is Europe spec (Non USA)My chasis # is: TMBAL41U928549849

Today I was replacing my valve gasket and notice this rubber hose has some cracks. It not fully damage but I want to replace it. This hose was very soft. Its look like a vacuum hose.

Can somebody help me with the name or part number of this hose? I am not looking for the blue silicone, OEM part is OK for me.

I was looking for the part number on the EKTA Online but I cant find it.

Thx for your time and help,

Isaac

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
If you take the hose off and clean it; you most likely will find the part number imprinted on it somewhere. Call your local VW dealer and talk to their parts department with your VIN #, that will guarantee you get the right part.

I don't know where you live in Panama but here is a link to the Volkswagen de Panama website and a listing of dealers in your country:

http://www.volkswagen.com.pa/es/concesionario-virtual/concesionarios.html

You might also look at some of the ETKA based sites for more info:

https://www.google.com/search?q=etk...5.2815j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you take the hose off and clean it; you most likely will find the part number imprinted on it somewhere. Call your local VW dealer and talk to their parts department with your VIN #, that will guarantee you get the right part.
Hey Billymade,

Thx for your time and help.

The thing is that the hose it so soft that if I move it, it will felt apart :mad: So I prefer to have a new one in hand in order to do the job at the same time I remove the old one.

I already went to the VW and SKODA dealer here in my country with my photos to tell them what part I need and none of them have this part in stock and they dont want to give me the part number.......... Both of them toll me to use a universal hose :rolleyes:

With the part number I can order it from USA and have it on a week here.

You might also look at some of the ETKA based sites for more info:

https://www.google.com/search?q=etk...5.2815j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8
Thx for the EKTA Online, but after searching I cant find the part.

THX,

Isaac

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Another option; since you seem to want to go "aftermarket/silicon" is a kit made by 034 Motorsports. These hoses are failure prone; silicone is the best way to go, longest lasting.

They have a "early" and "late" kit; just make sure you get the right one.

Breather Hose Kit, Early MkIV Volkswagen 1.8T AWV/AWW/AWP, Reinforced Silicone

Part Number: 034-101-3006

Breather Hose Kit, Early MkIV Volkswagen 1.8T AWV/AWW/AWP, Reinforced Silicone - 034Motorsport | Performance Parts for Audi, Porsche, and Volkswagen

Breather Hose Kit, Late MkIV Volkswagen 1.8T AWP, Reinforced Silicone

Part Number: 034-101-3007

Breather Hose Kit, Late MkIV Volkswagen 1.8T AWP, Reinforced Silicone - 034Motorsport | Performance Parts for Audi, Porsche, and Volkswagen

This would most likely; be the last hose for the breather that you would ever need to replace! Contact 034 Motorsports; to see if it fits your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts