NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it'd be easy to live without, but with this huge windshield and lots of rain that eventually dries on the windshield as well as dead bugs that accumulate on the windshield, it becomes difficult to see out of a dirty windshield... Especially when its sunny out. yeah i can go clean them manually, but thats not easy when you're driving.

So far, i know the washer motor works because i hear it when i attempt using it. But, there is no fluid that sprays out, even when i fill the reservoir. Also, the reservoir doesn't hold fluid long at all. I fill it and within hours, its gone in no time at all.

Not sure where to even start here so any tips would be very appreciated :D :goodjob:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Sounds like the hose that comes off of the pump(at the bottom of the reservoir), has come off. Or, has a hole in it. Fill it back up, open the hood, have someone activate the wiper washer pump, and look under the hood, below the passenger headlight assembly. You should see where it's pumping out at.

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the hose that comes off of the pump(at the bottom of the reservoir), has come off. Or, has a hole in it. Fill it back up, open the hood, have someone activate the wiper washer pump, and look under the hood, below the passenger headlight assembly. You should see where it's pumping out at.
Thanks!! That worked! Turns out that hard oem piping broke behind the coolant tank. Thankfully, i have some 3.5mm silicon tubing that i was going to use to fix my boost leak. I used some to run from next to the coolant tank up to the hood. That did it and now it works great! I CAN HAZ CLEAN WINDSHIELD NOW!!!!!! :party::crunk:

Not big to some people, but my last car's didn't work either and neither did it work on the car i learned to drive on. This is a BIG deal to me!

On to the next problem! Thanks guys!

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,409 Posts
the windshield washer hose tore in the hood hinge area...

used a short length of vacuum hose to splice the torn line together (five or six inches), a few zip ties and some rubberized electrical tape to hold everything together, and i have a clean windshield again...

thanks for the tip, supercharged and charles! :bigthumb:

warren

·
Registered
7 Posts
Replacing all washer tubing

I need to replace all my windshield washer tubing, but don't know exactly how to go about it. I can get the replacement tubing but don't know how it threads through the cowling. Anyone have a diagram??:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts