NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my beetle stucked in the snow for the whole winter and when I tried to started it last week, the battery's dead. I had my husband changed the battery today and when I tried to start it, the starter will crank really hard and strong but the engine won't ignite at all. What could be the problem? This car is way out of warranty(it's a 2006). My husband wants to check the fuel pressure is there a port where you press and check if the fuel comes out? Thanks.

·
μολὼν λαβ
213 Posts
Putrefied gasohol.

·
μολὼν λαβ
213 Posts
There's a port with a Schrader valve on the fuel rail (the rail that all the injectors are connected to). I'm serious about the bad gas. Letting ethanol-laced gas sit all winter long, especially in a partially filled tank, is just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
21 Posts
crankshaft sensor

that's probably wrong.just like theres no gas in it,can turn over forever.this isn't normal.these cars always start.its the crank sensor.nothing goes wrong with these things so they wont run.thats all it can be.these are the most reliable cars out there

·
μολὼν λαβ
213 Posts
that's probably wrong.just like theres no gas in it,can turn over forever.this isn't normal.these cars always start.its the crank sensor.nothing goes wrong with these things so they wont run.thats all it can be.these are the most reliable cars out there
What's probably wrong is people getting on this forum who can't write in a decent manner in acceptable English, on top of being so smart that they're sure they have the only possible right answer. So let's do this in an analytical manner. You can start by telling us all why a crank sensor would suddenly go bad just because it's been sitting all winter. Also elaborate on why that can be the only reason the a VW Beetle won't start, or what it is that makes them the most "reliable car out there."

·
Registered
21 Posts
What's probably wrong is people getting on this forum who can't write in a decent manner in acceptable English, on top of being so smart that they're sure they have the only possible right answer. So let's do this in an analytical manner. You can start by telling us all why a crank sensor would suddenly go bad just because it's been sitting all winter. Also elaborate on why that can be the only reason the a VW Beetle won't start, or what it is that makes them the most "reliable car out there."
ok I hope this goes through,im still learning this site,im new.it is my experience and others that I know and over 100,000 us miles on my car since I got it 6 yrs ago.every vw I know of always starts.im not kidding.if they don't its because of a worn starter grounding out to kill a battery or a sensor usually in these.i don't mean to come across like that's it for sure,but mine and others I have seen,was the only reason they wouldn't start.maybe its age,maybe its from gunk build up on them over time,but if its out,replace it for 30 bucks right?and try it.i don't want to come across as ignorant,if its a 06 it probably never had one yet.mine drove 3 hrs minimum to 4 or 5 hrs maximum every day for over 3 yrs in alberta in -60 weather it always worked,my car was my lifeline out there.it never let me down.its the toughest and most reliable car I ever had.if you look at my profile the pics are there.i look after it,and do maintenance,and 100 dollar oil changes with me doing it myself.i run motul or ipone in it usually if its available.its been across Canada a couple times too.same engine,and it runs better than ever.the minute it stopped for a week,the crank sensor went.even happens with newer ones in winter if they don't go everyday.the dealer even told me that and I work at a custom shop,we see it all the time.thats just my experience,its not the law.i hope I answered your questions,didnt seem to sound ignorant at all,im certainly not,and I have a lot of respect.thanks

·
μολὼν λαβ
213 Posts
That's all fine, 5speed. But have you ever left your car, any car, sitting all winter long with a quarter tank of gas (which this day and age is going to be 10% ethanol)? It doesn't matter what kind of vehicle you have, or how well you care for it. The gas will not last forever without either going into phase separation, in the case of gasohol, or just turning to varnish even if pure gasoline.

The original poster does need to see if there are any codes before throwing parts at it, and needs also to consider that the gas may well have gone bad over the winter.

And it would be much easier to read your posts if you would make a reasonable attempt at capitalization and spacing after punctuation marks. As it is now, your posts are painful to read.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input. I just came back to this forum and found this one year old

post. LOL. Last year after a bit of searching I suddenly came up with the idea of checking all hte fuses. Sure enough one of the fuse was burnt out(I remember it was probably fuel pump or relay something like that). I replaced the fuse and hte car runs like a champ.

anyway, this year I have this new problem with the car. At a red light stop, the car would stall out of no reason. If I restart the engine, the engine will run but it's a little rough. When the car comes to the next stop it'll have a very good chance stalling again. This problem suddenly appeared yesterday, and now the car's sitting in my garage. I have a hunch that it may be the fuel filter or fuel pump this time. Is there a way to tell if it's fuel filter or fuel pump? If it's a fuel filter I might be able to replace it myself. If it's the pump I'll just bring it to the shop. I think there's a way to check fuel pressure but that doesn't tell you if it's the pump or the filter, right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts