VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi their if anyone can help, i have Beetle 2003 18 turbo and #12 Fuse has a dead short that i cannot find where the short is. I need info or wiring diagram. I have stripped nearly the hole car and no luck. I have removed the radio complety as ii thought the problem was their as its aftermarket radio
I bought the car second hand and have no history of the original owner.

Thank you
Hamish
South Africa

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi their if anyone can help, i have Beetle 2003 18 turbo and #12 Fuse has a dead short that i cannot find where the short is. I need info or wiring diagram. I have stripped nearly the hole car and no luck. I have removed the radio complety as ii thought the problem was their as its aftermarket radio

Thank you
Hamish
South Africa

Thank you
Hamish
South Africa
Are you in South Africa by chance?
Check the ground wire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you in South Africa by chance?
Check the ground wire.
Yes im in Harrismith in the Free State.
What you mean Ground Wire.It seams to be fine as the car starts.
im not sure where the cable goes to as its dead short

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Fuse #12 according to my chart goes to the data link connector. My chart is for US cars so it may not be applicable to yours. I’ve noticed that the data link connector is tied to the cigarette/power outlet in the center console in some vehicles. Check and see if there is a dime or perhaps a krugerrand stuck down in the outlet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuse #12 according to my chart goes to the data link connector. My chart is for US cars so it may not be applicable to yours. I’ve noticed that the data link connector is tied to the cigarette/power outlet in the center console in some vehicles. Check and see if there is a dime or perhaps a krugerrand stuck down in the outlet.
I wish that their was a kruger coin their lol. Fuse 12 goes to DLC port 16 red with white wire. if i measure that wire its got a dead short, not sure if that wire goes through a relay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts