NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
aussieveedubbers.com
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is sort of in the wrong section, but I thought it was relevant to be here.

I have just bought a set of real taillights from Vortex racing,(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8022784946&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT) but they won't allow my payment via Paypal because I am in Australia. I have just sold stuff to pump up my Paypal account, so I am keen to pay via that.

So.. I require an honest persons help. What I propose is that you pay for them with your Paypal, and when you get the item, ship it to me. Needless to say, I will pay more than it will cost you. By the website, it appears that shipping to USA costs a flat rate of $20, plus the initial $57, totalling $77. Lets assume it would cost $35 to ship them to me, which it wouldn't be that high, that totals $112US.

I would be willing to exchange $140 Paypal dollars for these lights delivered to my door, once they have done so. I would be willing to put down a deposit, so thats also an option. I guess you would be out of 'Paypal pocket' for a period of time, but would make up for it once I got the lights.

Any takers?

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
It's actually not uncommon. The people selling the aftermarket stuff are STREWN with scam artists and messed up rules. They should sell based on eBay feedback ratings and be done with it. I wouldn't be surprised if they refused to ship them at all.

Good luck man. I'd help you out, but no can do. I got jacked on the exact same set of tails.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i'll help... check your PM or email

..I've visited OZ... and was thankful to be able to get someone from OZ to help me when I was totally lost in Melbourne.. lol

LMK

·
aussieveedubbers.com
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can assure you that it is not a scam. A lot of places, mainly in America to be honest, will only ship to America. Thats fine, I have no problem with that. I simply find someone else that sells the tails and buy from them, but in this case, I don't know of anyone else selling this product, so I am stuck. I emailed them three times about shipping and payment issues, and didn't recieve a single reply.

I could do the Western Union thing, but I prefer to pay Paypal as I said, as I have recently sold a lot of stuff and the account has a fair bit in it. No point using my everyday savings to purchase a Western Union MO when I have this money that I can't use everyday. Might as well use it on auctions!

Thanks ibid, I live near Melbourne, and know how easily that can happen. Will PM you.

·
Registered
310 Posts
o.k. making sure they get the payment this afternoon and will update once it's done! :)

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
In that guys auction, it clearly says "International Paypal will be rejected". He'll ship to you, but not take Paypal. I womder why?

Good luck to you. I hope you get your lights! :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
they will get there! I'm on the phone with them right now... getting shipped to me first and then I'll be forwarding to Australia :)

all good :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
...o.k. should be shipping out later today.. and guess who'll get the tracking number.. lol

*hint: it isn't me! ;)

·
aussieveedubbers.com
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thankyou so much guys, specially ibid, you've helped soo much. I really appreciate it, and can't wait for this lights to arrive!!

Yeah most companies will ship anywhere inthe world with the Paypal thing, but not all. I always email the business if they won't and request it, and most say, no problem, but some say no(US Only) or in this case, no reply. After 5 emails they finally replied so that was good.

I think some of you guys forget how easy it is, being over there!! :) I guess it would be easy to take it for granted! :confused:

Anyway, thanks all again, very sincerely..

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just hope that surface parcel post doesn't cost anywhere near the USD $140 rates they quoted you!!!!

I can only wonder how big this box is going to be..

Maybe I can break it into 2 boxes to make shipping cheaper if that is the case?

I'll let you know when they show up.... and once I've shipped.

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
ibid said:
I just hope that surface parcel post doesn't cost anywhere near the USD $140 rates they quoted you!!!!

I can only wonder how big this box is going to be..

Maybe I can break it into 2 boxes to make shipping cheaper if that is the case?

I'll let you know when they show up.... and once I've shipped.
surface parcel post shouldn't be that much for taillights no matter where in the world it is going

that is the one of the slowest ways possible to ship and it isn't trackable at all

hope you have better luck with that then i do shipping using parcel post

·
Registered
310 Posts
jazzcat said:
surface parcel post shouldn't be that much for taillights no matter where in the world it is going

that is the one of the slowest ways possible to ship and it isn't trackable at all

hope you have better luck with that then i do shipping using parcel post

no worries.. It only cost $36 to ship it GLOBAL EXPRESS with gauranteed delivery date on Jan 10, 2006

...so they are on the way to OZ now :):D

Attachments

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Hope there not the same kind I ordered they showed up broken. the middle section broke loose inside the sealed light making it impossible to repair. these kind.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I didn't open the box before forwarding but that photo doesn't match the one in the ebay auction either!

·
Registered
310 Posts
benettonvw said:
Thanks heaps Chris! Nah not the ones above, different to those.

I'm soooo EXCITED NOW!!! :p :D :eek:

your welcome and check your email *(i sent you 3 emails today)

..Let me know if you do NOT receive them on the 10th becuase this is the global express promise of delivery! :)

·
aussieveedubbers.com
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again. Just checked my mail; sorry I was at work.. It's all good, the best part is that they are on their way..

Great stuff, thanks heaps.

·
aussieveedubbers.com
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Guess what turned up today!!

WWAAAAHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris, I am sincerely grateful, and I hope we can do this again sometime as I believe our relationship has been mutually beneficial..

Thanks again so much to you and this site!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts