NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My friend has a 2000 VW Beetle Bug and had recently installed new Bilstein touring shocks and new Neuspeed sport springs. She drove the car for about a month without any issues or complaints of creaking noises.

After about a month, she took the car in for an oil change to the same shop. After the oil change, she hears creaking noises on the front passenger side when driving very slow. If you push the passenger side's fender downward from the outside, you can hear the creaking noises as well. If you sit inside the car and jump up and down you can hear it as well. She took the car back to the shop and they examined everything. They said they hear the creaking noises as well but couldn't find anything wrong at all.

After the inspection of the suspension, the creaking noises appears to be louder and then it also appears to come from both the rear sides as well.

Please advise how to troubleshoot and how to get rid of the creaking noises. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Where can I get this silicone spray? Pep Boys or Kragen auto part stores? Which silicon spray? Can you please provide the make of this silicone spray? Thanks!!

Mine did the same thing. I went underneath and sprayed all of the rubber bushings I could find with silicone a couple of times and it went a way.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Cool, mine had new suspension a 1000 or so miles ago and creaks going round corners, nothing obviously wrong so maybe it's this too....

Kate

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thanks! Where can I get this silicone spray? Pep Boys or Kragen auto part stores? Which silicon spray? Can you please provide the make of this silicone spray? Thanks!!
You can get it at any hardware or car store. I don't know what brand I have. Tip, silicone spray is great for cleaning and lubricating your rubber door seals as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts