NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2006 1.6 Beetle convertible with about 55,000 miles on it and the engine warning light came on yesterday.

We're got a code reader and the code is P0172 which seems pretty common. Looking at the engine bay for anything obvious I've noticed this gap between two pipes (mid left in below photo). Can anyone tell me if this is right and if anything is missing?

Thanks, Ellen

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks like part of the hose to your PCV is missing. Should be sealed and not sucking outside air. You have a vacuum leak causing the code. You found the bad line already. Good find!

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Common problem with the 1.6L; probably Volkswagen Part #: 06A103217A breather tube (Looks like the latest version is: 06A103217G, note: the "G" which is a revision).

Here is a thread, where others have the same issue; replacement, would be the fix. Meanwhile, two clamps and a piece of metal pipe that fits inside the hose, could be a temporary repair, while you wait for the new part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for the help. Managed to get the part, fitted it and reset the error light and all good. :)

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Cool, that is great news; glad you are fixed up and back on the road! :) By the way, did you get the part from Volkswagen a genuine vw part or a aftermarket one and was the part number, correct? Hopefully, this info; will help the next person with the same problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in the UK and got the part from an eBay seller just down the road - an OEM part. VW wasn't open today but this guy had one, picked it up, fits perfectly and just used the clips etc from the part I replaced.

Its a bit of a fiddly fit but didn't take to long to do.

Part seller was:-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts