NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another wacky tech question. My vert top hydraulic sytsem is leaking and a new motor has been ordered, supposed to arrive today. Since this happened I've noticed my brakes don't work as well, there's a sudden loss of back pressure, the pads feel 'slippery' and sometimes a warning light comes on. The warning light disappears when I re-start the car btw. Is the brake system somehow connected to the top system? Also since this happened, whenever I apply the brakes, all the inside backlighting comes on! Edit on post title: "hydraulic" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Sorry BillsBug, I dunno much about the hydrolic system on the top. I thought it was cables & pulleys actually... maybe that's just the manual top.

And my appologies for butchering your thread. I meant to make a duplicate, and spent 10 minutes splitting this thread into 2 parts (electrical cluster / hydrolic top) but appearently I screwed up somewhere and we lost the electrical discussion. :(

·
Registered
565 Posts
New Pump

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

The pump in KNEWBUG was replaced in July 2004, the original leaked all the fluid into the spare tire well. They replaced pump and two of the lines that connect to the pump. Also replaced spare tire cover. No problem since the replacement.

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
The Pump Is......

:rockband:

The pump is in the trunk on the left rear side. The mechanic took the plastic interior piece off to get to the pump. You can take off the round rubber cover to check the fluid in the pump. As you can see by the photo the fluid was all over the place. Most of it went into the spare tire well.

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I already knew this, I have the same problem, pump is on back order...my question was: Is the top hydraulic system somehow connected to the brake system? :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts