NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MIL/CEL has been on since October. Rob/Technotrix'd read the following with his Vag-com when we hooked up to trade hoods.

2 Faults Found:
17840 - Secondary Air Injection Solenoid Valve (N112): Open Circuit
P1432 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17524 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating: B1 S1: Open Circuit
P1116 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I need to get my car e-checked soon and they will not pass it with the CEL on. I'm nervous that since these problems are intermittent that it'll be a wild goose chase trying to fix the problems. I don't think I can just turn off the CEL and get it to e-check before it comes back on. I think it may show NOT READY. Anyway I don't have a Vag-com to do that even if it would work.

Does anybody think this can be fixed easily? Where is the secondary air injection solenoid valve? I wonder about replacing it or a connection for it.

How about that O2 sensor heating thing?

Some of you may have seen that the CEL went out for awhile after I removed my neons. Wonder how that worked/why it had any effect?

Please let me know your thoughts, experts. At this point I'm thinking I will be taking the car to ECS tuning soon to let them have a go at it. Can I save the money I don't have? I don't care if I have to drive with the CEL on, I just have to pass e-check eventually to renew the registration.

Thanks in advance.

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, NO replies to this.

Oh well, good news, today I passed the e-check and got Wink registered for 06. The e-check OBD 2 scanner wouldn't read Wink's codes so it "downgraded" to the old fashioned tailpipe sniffing dyno test. Yippee. I'll happily ignore the obnoxious CEL for another 2 years before I have to e-check again.

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
Good going! Do you have an aftermarket sound system? If so, that is what saved you, by causing the scanner to fail.
Yes, the front O2 sensor is the problem. Try cleaning the air injection valve. Check the wires going to the valve. Bet one of the connectors is loose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts