NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick, frantic question here... Long story short, last night was a crazy night and one of my friends sitting in my passenger seat, uh, lost her dinner, uh, all over my door, inside and out! After I dropped her off, I did my best to clean the gunk from the cracks surrounding the window with paper towels because I didn't want it to leak into the door, but had to leave most of the rest of it (for lack of time and how late it was) on the inside and outside panels of my door. What I am curious to know now is whether I can tape plastic around the door pull and the window control (because they were luckily spared), open the door, roll down the window and just powerwash the heck out of the inside of my door. I want to know if the locking mechanism on the door will be harmed by water? Because I really need to clean that out... all around the cracks there is still 'stuff'.. but there's that little tiny light there...? And can water get in the cracks surrounding the actual window? Meaning I can powerwash it with the window down to get it all out? ughhhh ready to clean my poor baby Buggy of all this nastiness :(

·
Registered
875 Posts
Due to the water splashing inside the car, I would just remove the door panel. It only has 3 screws on the bottom (t20 torx tips) and 2 behind the plastic on the handle (size 3 philips tip). Then lift off the panel and un hook the door handle and remove the 3 switches (mirror, hatch and fuel door).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your quick reply! But it's my passenger door, not the driver door. So does that make a difference? Since there aren't as many electrical controls as the driver door? Thanks for your help!:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts