NewBeetle.org Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I read on another vw forum a guy installed a transmission cooler to lower the atf temperatures and this fixed his valve body issues. How valid do you think this is?

·
Registered
11,908 Posts
Good question, many times; a bad valve body won't throw codes but it can be a number of problems, unfortunately it doesn't sound like you have any transmission related trouble codes. We have seen, everything from: bad harnesses/wiring, failing speed sensors, shift selector failures/damage, sticking/bad solenoids/worn valve bodies or worst case scenarios, full disassembly is needed, to inspect all parts for damage, replace bad parts and full rebuild, to fix underlying issues. However, many have had success; installing a pro rebuilt/tested valve body. Viewing live data; might reveal some clues, as to what is going on. If you are new to the VAG 401; you might check out this page, for doing the basics: XTool VAG401 Review / Tour

·
Registered
11,908 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just recently I reset my Transmission control unit and did the throttle body adaptation and basic settings kick down and now my car has a bang at 4th gear but not as it changes gears but while in gear slowing down

61 - 68 of 68 Posts