VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been having issues, check engine light came up and auto zone said it cleared their scan (going to get it looked at somewhere else) but I don't know what the other light is! I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it online. for reference i have a 2010 beetle.

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
That is the loose gas cap. If the gas cap is tight then it could be an issue elsewhere in the evap system. My wife's 06 2.5 has an evap issue as well but I haven't gotten it fixed yet. There is a valve on top left of the engine that goes bad, it's about $25 or so. If it's not the gas cap or that valve, then it could be the evap canister under the front passenger fender or the rubber hoses between it and the valve.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,304 Posts
Its the light for the gas cap not being tight enough.

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
Most auto parts stores will scan your car for free or you should consider investing in a vw specific scanner in the future; then you will be able to do your own scanning and clearing codes, enabling you to diagnose problems with your Volkswagen.

Check out vcds by ross tech, obdeleven and the many Chinese knock off scanner for vw on amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts