NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Air Cooled Relic
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that this is not something new. There are treads on this subject, unfortunately they are several years old and do not answerer all the questions on how to find a company who has drop spindles for the NB.

I have been lowering bugs from the late 60's long before you could just go out and buy the parts and bolt them on. I have lowered Porsches for road and/or track, but this is my first attempt at a New Beetle.

I am a firm believer in starting with Drop Spindles, the only problem is I have been unable to find them for a 2009 convertible. It is obvious that I must not be using the "right" terminology in my search. As I am new to the NB I am still learning the ins and outs.

I came across the H2 Sport Spindles but they do not list the New Beetle on their web site and other sites do not even list the Volkswagen. I need HELP please. Point me in the right direction and explain the terminology that I am missing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
My other VW is a VW
141 Posts
I think you are barking up the wrong tree on lowering the New Beetle. Springs and coilovers are about all you will find. Since this body style is no longer in production I can't see anyone coming out with a dropped spindle. Plus a dropped spindle would put the wheel too close to the control arms.

I will be selling my Eibach Coilovers here real soon. ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Coilovers or air bags are going to be your best options for lowering the car. They will both allow you to adjust the car's ride height to a level that YOU like. IMO it's a better option than a standard lowering spring.

I'm fairly sure that drop spindles are not used at all on the MKIV platform, and definitely not used on the 996+ Porsche platforms.

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
we dont use drop spindles. not a part that has ever been used for the vw's mk4 model.

-jd

·
Keep It Real
1,746 Posts
I think you are barking up the wrong tree on lowering the New Beetle. Springs and coilovers are about all you will find. Since this body style is no longer in production I can't see anyone coming out with a dropped spindle. Plus a dropped spindle would put the wheel too close to the control arms.

I will be selling my Eibach Coilovers here real soon. ;)
Drop spindles are available mostly for trucks, lack of availablilty of drop spindles for the earlier New Beetle has little or nothing to do with car age but more to do with little or no demand.

A properly engineered drop spindle would not put the wheel too close to the control arm or any other suspention part, on the contrary, it is the best way to lower a car because it does not alter the factory suspension geometry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts