VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car to get the radiator and water pump replaced and as soon as I got it back the interior lights don't work, when I turn the headlights on the trunk pops open, my locks don't work, and none of my windows open including my sunroof. Pep boys can't figure out what's wrong with it and are trying to insinuate that they had nothing to do with the electrical issues that suddenly arose after they repaired my radiator and water pump. I have tried to reset the car by holding the key in the door until the windows roll down and back up but they won't roll back up. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
I took my car to get the radiator and water pump replaced and as soon as I got it back the interior lights don't work, when I turn the headlights on the trunk pops open, my locks don't work, and none of my windows open including my sunroof. Pep boys can't figure out what's wrong with it and are trying to insinuate that they had nothing to do with the electrical issues that suddenly arose after they repaired my radiator and water pump. I have tried to reset the car by holding the key in the door until the windows roll down and back up but they won't roll back up. Any advice would be appreciated.
If you can come up with people that rode in the car with you prior to the PoopBoys working on it that can state everything was functional? You have a good case.

Pepslub's worked on one of the company trucks I used to have when I was a field manager. I watched the grease monkey (I have to much respect for actual mechanics to put that idiot in the same arena as the experts) They had to replace a pinion seal. First they replaced the seal with the incorrect one (to small) and horsed the nut down using an impact wrench....of course it leaked....They installed the defective one back onto it.....and wrenched it down AGAIN using an impact gun... I wound up limping the truck to the dealership--over $700 in bearing replacement and of course--a new crush sleeve. The tech that repaired it had to hammer the bearings out using air tools. He figured the sleeve was crushed to the max it could go.

As for what is causing this? I'm not sure. It sounds clearly like they either blew some fuses....shorted something out.. Sense the Alt probably came out to do the job? I'd bet cash money the "Grease Jockey" probably didn't unhook the battery at first---and then shorted the system out.

S-

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts