NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help would be great! I have an inoperative blower. It just quit with no warning. Ugh! I've checked fuses..all good. I've checked power to the blower motor...no go. I'm guessing, all that's left is the switch which is in between the fuse block and the blower motor. But I need to get the switch out to check if it's getting power to it/or if it's bad. (unless someone has other suggestions??)

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not removed the one closest to windshield

I can't figure out how to get that one off too. I thought there might be screws under it. I pryed up on it but don't want to break it. I'm guessing it has its own trick to come off as well?

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
The center panel by the windshield merely slides forward. May have to use some hand-force to get it to budge, but it's just a pushover. :D

-Des

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That worked! I knew I was missing something very simple. Thank you!
I also fixed my blower switch. A metal tab had fallen out of place. I used .020" safety wire (from my aircraft mechanic days) to wire it into place. Works as advertised.
Thanks again for the help.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
kenbird said:
Thanks again for the help.
That's why were here. :D I ended up taking that panel and the right-side dash apart today on the '03 to change the cabin filter.

-Des

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am doing the same job but what about the radio???

I am making the same repair but have to get the radio out. I saw where someone made the "special tool" out of hacksaw blade cut down. Any better idea's or where I can get one? thanks.

And what is the cheapest way to go if I have to get a new switch and it is not just a loose connection? thanks for that too.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
The radio removal tool is available from your VW part store/dealerhip. It has part number 1C0 051 530 and costs about 10 USD. Quite a lot for such a simple part, but they work like a charm and once you have them you never have any troubles getting out your radio any more...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts