VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dad of Bumble & Rupert
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this has been answered or not, couldn't find it if it has, so here goes. I have a set of those LED strip lights that simulate the Audi lights but in amber/yellow. I want to use them for running lights/parking lights but also want to set it up for turn signals. My problems is that you can do either or but not both, if you do both, the turn signal bulb is on as well since is transferring power from one side to the other. What do I need to put in between so I can use the lights the way I would like without buying another set of lights. I know it can be done, just not sure how. (I am good with a soldering gun and electronics incase someone gets a little technical) Thanks in advance.

·
Blue Hunter
824 Posts
you would need to make a box that would toggle the LEDs on and off with the turnsignal wire by interupting the power from the the parking lamp wire. some kind of Transistor type circuit.

P-lamp >------Resistor------ Transistor (collector)------> LED

T-signal >----Resistor------ Transistor (base)

Ground >---------------------Transistor (emitter)

Resistors are needed to protect the power wires from being shorted to ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.