NewBeetle.org Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started with the passenger door a month ago, it will only unlock from the inside handle/door latch. Regardless of if it's unlocked with switch or key in driver's door. But after it has been opened from the inside handle, the outside latch will work fine and open the door when closed. Now it started with the driver's side. I locked my car while at work. The horn beeped, the red light blinked next to knob. When I came back, it unlocked but wouldn't open. I can see the lock knob engage and dis-engage up and down, down and up, but the door won't open when up. The red alarm button turns off and everything. It has nothing to do with the alarm. It's something mechanical at the door. I had to crawl through the back and it opened instantaneously with the inside door latch. Once it's unlocked from the inside, the door closes and opens just fine with outside latch/handle. Car starts fine and drives fine after that. Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
squeebug
NewBeetle.org Forums
The New Beetle forum, come in and join our discussions on the new Volkswagen Beetle. Talk about modifications, performance and color choices.
Full Forum Listing