NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two problems. First, I have had my bug two months, and have replaced 4 headlights. I don't know if it is blowing them or what. Anyone had this problem and have suggestions? Second, my check engine light came on after leaving the dealership. They replaced my oil pan. I had autozone read the code, and it says something about sensors being switched. I think the code was 1128. Would they have had to take something off to replace the pan that could have effected this? Could they have switched something? Otherwise I guess we go back to the dealership and pay another BIG bill.... Thanks for any replies!!!

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
If it happened after leaving the dealer you definitely should make them fix it. My dealer forgot to put the bolts back on for my belly pan when they changed the oil and it nearly fell off. After i gave them crap about it and said it was their fault to begin with they fixed it free of charge.

Just sweet talk them. You may get lucky.

That headlight thing would worry me though. I'm not an expert, but it sounds like a wiring problem if it keeps happening the same way. I've also heard of lights blowing because someone had touched the bulb. Wonder what the org experts think of this?

·
OG Stalker
1,332 Posts
Definately go back to the dealer. There is an oil temp sensor on the bottom of the oil pan that they may have mistakenly unplugged and never replugged.

as far as the headlight, we had a similar problem in a family volvo and it turned out to be a stripped wire that would short out the bulb. I would look around in the wires and plugs for the headlights. The oil on the bulb thing could also be it.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
We need the actual code and message the OBD-II reader gave to help you diagnose this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lnzbug said:
How long after leaving the stealership did the light come on? I would make them check it for free

I picked the car up Wed. afternoon, and the light came on Thursday afternoon.

·
266 Posts
About the headlights. If you put them in or the dealer ship, If you touch the glass part of the bulb it can blow alot sooner then it should.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts