VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I bought my 2003 turbo s about a year ago but I have since found that all my speakers have stopes working. I have looked all over and I can't figure out what kind of speakers to get for the doors and the dash (those are the most important to me) does any one have suggestions?

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I'm in the process of restoring my door panels and discovered that both door speakers are blown. From what I've found so far, the first thing you have to figure out is whether it's Monsoon or not. I'm still not 100% sure about mine. It doesn't say Monsoon on the head unit when it powers on, and there are no speakers in the front dash side panels, only the tweeters in the A pillars.

I've drilled one of mine out and it says part number
1C0 035 411K / 424059. 4 Ohm, 20 Watt.

So far the only things I've found that come close are item number 251518218248 on Ebay which has a different letter B at the end, and appears to be a cheaply made reproduction. Also item 161310605606 which is used factory original but from the information appears to be for a Monsoon.

If yours is Monsoon, then this might be the right one for you, and I think the seller has both of them. I'm not sure how critical the Monsoon vs Non Monsoon difference is but from what I've read in other posts, it is significant.

I suggest you take off the panel and drill out the rivets holding the speaker in as you'll need to do that anyway, and the part number is on the back. Please update if you find out any more. I really don't want to have to go to a dealership :(

·
turbo s lightly modded
45 Posts
your turbo s should have a monsoon system. the amp for the monsoon is in the trunk mounted against the rear wall. you can see it if you open the spare tire compartment. you have 6.5" midbass speakers in the doors, and a small midrange and tweeter in the dash. even tho it looks like there's tweeters in the pillars there aren't. the rears are 5.25". are you gonna stick with the stock deck or upgrade? it kinda depends on that as to what id recomend you replace the speakers with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts