VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will take pics when I get out to it tomorrow but I’m working on it for a friend and when I was taking it off the person before me that worked on it didn’t do anything but mess it all up so when I took it off there was 2 hoses connected one on top and one on the bottom but right beside the one on the bottom it looks likes there another hose that’s supposed to go into it but there was nothing attached to it

· Registered
18,828 Posts
So, the present two hoses don't need replaced but you are trying to figure out, how to hook, everything back up correctly and/or replace the missing third hose?

· Registered
18,828 Posts
Ok, well the above service manual links; give some info but you might post a photo, then you can confirm, things are hooked up correctly. Then, maybe someone with a 2.0L; might post a photo of their engine and help you, to make sure, you have everything set up correctly. If everything is apart; this is a good time to clean the throttle body, replace the gasket and do a throttle body alignment.

NOTE: check the hoses connecting to the throttle body and PCV system, it is very common, for them to fall apart, get gooey, need replacement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.