NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Turbo
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. just looking too get a set of tires for the beetle, I know its 225/45/17 but i'm looking you get a meatier tire for the ride. I like the meaty look so is there any thicker size I can go? thanks guys

this is the size I have right now. picture below

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, they work in the rear for sure and they work in the front,just minor rubbing and slight modification to the spring perch.:)
need clarification... why wouldn't it work? I am researching tire size for 2013 TDI convert. stock 215/55 x 17 which is about 26.3" diameter.

yours above look to be about 26.3" diameter as well and you get slight rubbing?? I guess because of width?

what are some of the largest diameters people are fitting? 27"? 28"?

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey guys. just looking too get a set of tires for the beetle, I know its 225/45/17 but i'm looking you get a meatier tire for the ride. I like the meaty look so is there any thicker size I can go? thanks guys

this is the size I have right now. picture below

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Nice Image of this car ..
I like the Color of this Car .. Thanks for sharing with us ..

·
Registered
950 Posts
need clarification... why wouldn't it work? I am researching tire size for 2013 TDI convert. stock 215/55 x 17 which is about 26.3" diameter.

yours above look to be about 26.3" diameter as well and you get slight rubbing?? I guess because of width?

what are some of the largest diameters people are fitting? 27"? 28"?
I've never heard of 215/55/17 as a stock size for a Beetle. The sizes I know of are 205/55/16 for 16" wheels, this is the stock size for my 1998. The other sporty size I know of are 225/45/17 which is what I have on my Beetle now for summer use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts