NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please someone give me some advice! My '99 NB has 117,000 miles on it. It suddenly had a little engine "shudder" only at idle, CEL comes on. I drove to mechanic. He scanned it and got P0302. He said he couldn't find anything wrong with cyl 2. He suggests new spark plug wires. He puts them on. clears code, I leave A few days later it comes on again. He now says that maybe I need to buy the OEM wires from the dealer, may solve the problem. I am now getting codes: P0301; P0302, again, P1300 for low fuel, P0300 for random multiple misfire and P0140, 02 sensor. After reading multiple posts on this site, I am so confused as to what to replace or how to know which part actually needs replacing! Do I change the MAF sensor, the coil pack, the 02 sensor, get new plug wires? Maybe I need a tune -up first? Obvoiusly I don't want to just start buying parts without a clue as to which one or ones are actually bad. Someone? Anyone? :confused:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had problem with misfire on 2nd cylinder. It turned out to be a bad ignition coil. First time I was confused as I truly thought that my car wastes spark. Apparently I have an ignition coil that doesn't waste spark. That is why I didn't have paired problem.

·
~Lovin My Bug~
168 Posts
I was having the same problems with my beetle and the same PO300 codes,my hubby did a tune up and put on a new coil pack and haven't had any problems since! Good luck!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks! I am gonna try a tune up first and ignition coil plus clear the air intake valve, then go from there. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts