NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 03 beetle convertible in March, since then, my window regulator has gone out, the seal around my back window has come off, my trunk is wet after it rains, and the thing that shows which gear i'm in, highlights all of them, and my car starts riding rough. sorry, I'm not so good with "technical" names. But I had an 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited, with a V8, it was paid for and nothing was really wrong with it, the gas prices were just getting outrageous. I thought my beetle would be a good buy, but so far it's been a pain in the butt. I have a window regulator on it's way. The VW dealership said it would cost me $415 to replace.... realllly? anyways, the main concern I have right now is the rough riding. I have had my tires balanced, rotated, and aligned, and that still didnt help. It's the thing in the steering column that shows if you are in drive or reverse, etc. When I am in drive, it will highlight everything from park, to the s, and it doesnt show what gear i am in, and that's when the rough riding starts, i can restart my car, and it goes back to normal, for a little while, till it does it again..

WHAT DO I DO?

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,634 Posts
Well, "... don't kill the messenger." It looks like you bought yourself into some previous owner repairs. FYI... dealer repair prices are not affordable; you can save yourself some anguish by finding a non-dealer mechanic.

Search the convertible forum and you should find the solutions that you are looking for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts