NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching far and wide for a checkered hood bra for my NB.
I know that this question has been tossed around on here for along time because I have been watching and looking as long as I have been on here! I have read EVERY available post, followed EVERY lead and have still come up empty trying to find a checkered flag style hood bra for my NB. What's up with this? I went to the link in the U.K. for RedDesign.com and emailed a fellow there named Simon who was kind enough to get right back to me. He states that the woman who was making them to order retired, so no more checkered hood bras there. I followed another lead to CPA Styling Products that went nowhere. I looked on as many foreign ebay sites as I could actually read and I have ended up with a big nothing. Has ANYONE on the org had any success with this that I have just been unable to accomplish? My friends call me the queen of finding ANYTHING on line. Not this time it appears. I am beginning to think that having one custom made is the only way. That is, if I can find the checkered vinyl! Unless someone has a clue, I fear I am doomed on this search. Please help if you can. THANKS! :confused:

·
HP Technician
449 Posts
If you couldn't find one all those years of looking while the car was in active production for 12 years then chances are at this point any bra company will have their eyes on the emerging new body style market.

I would suggest the local route and contact the same guys who do car seats and carpets. I have chatted with a guy who looks to be a hundred years old in my area that does all the upholstery work for old rides from classic cars to ghetto bling rides and I would assume he could easily craft a checkered bra.

I'm sure your area has the same types of guys.

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
Obviously it would be more permanent, but how about finding a place the does vehicle graphics and get a checkerboard vinyl vehicle wrap in just the area that a bra would cover?

Just for comparison sake, here's a pic of my son's Superbeetle with the vintage bra that he bought a few years ago, still in the original box.

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
well my idea might be out there but if it works it would be cool. find a beat up bra for cheap out there, next find a local person who does stuff like furniture and boat covers etc.... next find the material you can use for the bra, i'm sure someone has vinyl checkered out there. then have the local person sew it up. It might work....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts