I have a 98 beetle 2.0 gas engine. I just replaced the timing belt along with the water pump due to overheating issues. I got my car back the same day after driving to class and letting my car cool for about 6 hours i started to drive, went through the drive through to grab a bite to eat and once again the damn red temp light went out. I took my car back to my mech who said he cant figure out why my beetle is overheating. He offered to replace the fan switch free of charge so im hoping that is it. I also noticed the coolant level looked way to high it was above the coolant level and have read the coolant must be G12 I told my mechanic he said the coolant didnt matter hmmm.... any other suggestions????