NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
k i t s u n e
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used triple white edition NBC and just now noticed that the fabric/leatherette from the seat is coming undone from the lever thing that pulls the seat up so that passengers can get in the back. I went to an autotrim place, and they were very short and actually sort of rude and just said "it'll just have to annoy you forever" and then told me to "have a good day." I think I might get a second opinion but if they can't do you have any suggestions?? Here is a picture

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I just bought a used triple white edition NBC and just now noticed that the fabric/leatherette from the seat is coming undone from the lever thing that pulls the seat up so that passengers can get in the back. I went to an autotrim place, and they were very short and actually sort of rude and just said "it'll just have to annoy you forever" and then told me to "have a good day." I think I might get a second opinion but if they can't do you have any suggestions?? Here is a picture

Forever is a long time... So just don't look at it!
JUST KIDDING!!!!!
I think a second opinion would be a wise choice. I also think you should post a whole lot more pictures than that. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,639 Posts
As with all automotive interior, vinyl, cloth or leather, you are going to have shrinkage; which means it will pull away from stitched and cut-out seams at some point.

So, if you want it done right; you have a couple of options ...

1) ... you could remove the seat and then the back seat access lever, attempt to stretch the leather back to where it is supposed to be.

2) ... you could reupholster the seat entirely.

It seems that "auto trim" place that you went to "assumed" you were joking with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts