NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
131,000 miles!
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sooooo my beetle didnt come with a front bumper license plate bracket/frame and i really want to put one on. does anyone know where i can get one? and is there any brackets where i dont have to drill holes? either one is fine but if i have to drill holes to install it would it be easy? or can i take it to the dealer ship and have them put one on for me? i would love to hear feedback,
thank you :)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Yes there is a mount that uses the tow ring on the passenger side of the front bumper. No holes in the bumper and you really don't want to do that. They are available for both American and Euro Plates. I'd have to do a little digging, which I will, because I want a Euro one, but maybe someone has the link or the link to the thread. read it hear about a year ago on a group purchase deal that didn't happen. Go figure.

M.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Many ways to go on this. Drill holes in the front bumper and bolt them on. Using Nut's and bolts. You can't really drill into anything, as theres nothing that close to the part of bumper you will be drilling. You have about 4 inches at a guess, behind. Maybe less probably more. But you only have to drill a hole, so don't drill more than 1/2 inch through :)

Examples

OR.. Use Velcro or 3M double sided tape.

OR.. fix them to your grill if you don't have a Turbo or Turbo S as can restrict air intake to the radiator. :)

OR.. Use velcro pads to fix to the front grill

OR.. Get a Decal Plate (If your allowed one in your State..

As to where to get the backing holders..ebay :)

Or these DAFT TOW HOLE plate things

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Yep, this is what I'm talking about for the NB. No Holes! I have the info... SOMEWHERE! Been a year!

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
It sucks that here in Utah they say you MUST have your state issued plate on the front of your car. I have one on Dazee, but they cannot make me drill holes in my Challenger...i just won't do it!!!:mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts