NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this was a pretty neat idea. Who would have ever thought of a Herbie New Beetle...wink wink nudge nudge!;)

Herbie New Beetle Model

·
The NC Cat
399 Posts
My son has two of them, one BBurago (diecast) and one real (see attached pict). Now, the real one is a custom vinyl job, is not hard to do, but you need the right tools, or a helpful sign shop (I had the second). If you do not have an helpful sign shop, or the right tools you ca get the premade decals here:

http://www.evwparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GNB2

It is kind of expensive (I spent much less for mine) but it is a lot simpler.

An extra advantage of doing it yourself is that since you control the design it can improve overtime, mine changed a bit from the picture because I could re-do some parts I did not like.

Attachments

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've actually considered doing this to our Beetle. I would be way too picky if I had it done though. I've seen alot of sticker kits where the font for the "53" doesn't look right, or the stripe doesn't go under the "53" on the hood. I'm an old school Herbie movie fan (I have all of the movies including the newest one) so I would want it exteremly acurate.

Anyway, I think it's a neat idea and I love seeing Herbie kit cars. I knew I would get some Herbie fans on here by posting this.

·
The NC Cat
399 Posts
n2vdubz said:
or the stripe doesn't go under the "53" on the hood.
That is one of the changes I did from the picture above, it was not at all easy. As I mentioned the advantage of DIY is that you can start with a comforably easy design and improve it overtime (vinyl comes off really easily). Should you give it a shot post the pictures, I'm curious to see how it comes out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, my name is Eva and i just wanted to say that i've seen a Herbie Beetle by us in Enterprise Al. It looks exactly the same.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Herbie in the Netherlands, look for details!
(blue one is my every day driver :) Herbie is my wish...)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Herbie in Belgium. Nice detail on the inside. Don't know why it is different from our Dutch car.

Herbie thinks he is Schwarzenegger:

Verry cool detail here:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts