NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
enjoyin the view !
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
heres my subtly flamed 1999 gls 5 speed 2.0 .
currently with 151,000 miles on him and still going
he received his flames after the original clearcoat started to peel off and VWOA would do nothing to fix it since he was out of warrenty (62,000 miles but under 2 years old ) since the engine department had already received the subtle flame job i decided to move it outside to the rest of the car ,so he got new paint eveywhere except the roof and rear fenders and rear bumper and running boards , everything else got new paint and 3 coats of clear and wet sanded to a nice glossy finish .
other chenges i made were a set of eibach springs , along with bilstein shocks all the way around , Konig imagine wheels and nitto 555 tires , magnaflow 2.5 inch exhaust , an ABD cold ir intake and K&N Filter along with a ABD strut support bar ,inside he has some painted interior peices and a B&M short throw shifter otherwise hes a stocker :D

Attachments

·
Banned
2,553 Posts
i've always liked your paint job.

seen a pic of your painted engine cover on the internet a few years back and wanted to get mine done so badly. needless to say, it was a darn good inspiration.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I do have your car in 1:87 from Schuco. Will find him for you on internet. iff you PM me by mail, i will send a picture to you!

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
Very cool flame job and one nice New Beetle. Dont you just love the B&M shifter? Could you get us a few photos of the interior.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
I'm loving that paint job too! It's hot! ( pun intended :lol: )
You must get tons of looks when you're driving herbie!!:goodjob:

·
enjoyin the view !
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i wanted something that didnt stand out ,, and basiclly still said ,, "hey your mono paint sucks " without being rude :D ,,, but yeah i get alot of looks ,, had a lady open her door and take pictures of me one day at a traffic light ,, she said she wanted the picture of the car ,, i really knew what she wanted ,,,,yeah she wanted a picture of the ,,,,,car ,not me :confused: :(
wish i had a buck for every person who ask me "is it a factory paint job? "
told one guy it was a former undercover police car ,but they sold it cause people kept seeing them and they couldnt hide !

thanks for making Herbie happy with your words of praise

·
enjoyin the view !
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
brutters doon be haters! :cool:
if it makes you feel better lester and pete both beat me up this weekend ,, herb got 3rd lester got 2nd and pete got the big trophy and the money ,,,

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
Bugman said:
brutters doon be haters! :cool:
if it makes you feel better lester and pete both beat me up this weekend ,, herb got 3rd lester got 2nd and pete got the big trophy and the money ,,,
Im not hatin brudda, just whining a little..

/me goes and finds the cheese

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Love the "subtle" flame jobbie........ :D

·
I Luv CGB!!!
2,128 Posts
The pictures don't do your NB justice. It looks even more beautiful in person!!

·
I AM SMILEY MAN!!!
310 Posts
You don't have to tell me about losing to Jerry.... Been losing to Jerry since Aug. 2000 *sigh* I have only beaten him once since then.
Good work Jerry!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts