NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Some say............
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've shown everyone Elwood, and Herbie. Here's my other keeper VW. It's a 1972 Super Beetle or 1302 as they were called in Europe. This one is my baby. This is the first VW I bought, which was back in 1994, so this one's been with me about 12 years. I restored this car after a hit and run accident in 2000. It's painted the original Marina Blue, with a special order lapis blue leatherette interior. When new this was a heavily optioned Super Beetle. It had the rare Baja Beetle option package which consisted of steering wheel cover, wood grain dash, flared exhaust tips, mag wheel covers, and rubber faced bumper over riders. Also installed was aluminum trim around the fuel door, vent shields over the windows, gravel guards, and interior door kick guards. After the accidet a couple of pieces had to be removed(over riders). But for the most part all of these original accessories are intact, and in mint condition. I have added a NOS VW tissue dispensor, full wheel hubcaps, a nos EMPI shifter extension, nos EMPI Quick Shift kit, rear mudflaps, a German VW 1302LS badge, and a wood slat roof rack. I am hunting down a few more pieces to replace the missing parts of the Baja Beetle package such as the over riders, replicating the Baja side stripe, and a few other period goodies from EMPI. The interior is 100% original from the headliner to the carpet. Nothing has been replaced, and only shows minor wear. I have tons of stuff that I'm going to be adding to the car this winter so keep your eyes open.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
You have such cool cars! This one is no exception...... :clap:

·
Miss Cyber Green
800 Posts
really cool car!
Im begging my father to buy me a super beetle that is for sale close to my house. it is only 2,000 and needs some work but i know together we can do it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's awesome. I'm still reconstructing my 1302 LS. still many parts are not original. it's been 2 months in my garage and have the electrical system repaired.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts