NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am fairly new to the forums, I originally joined because of my Dad's bug TDI, but NOW I finally got a Bug of my own! :D It's a silver 1999 GLS with the 2.0 ltr Engine, only 126k miles. I have dubbed him Wattson. He needs quite a bit of work but we got him for less than $2,000 :D
Needs replaced
  • wheels and tires
  • both door panels
  • driver seat
  • sound system (speakers rotted)
  • left headlight
  • both tail lights
  • right rear running light
  • third brake light
  • antenna
  • headliner
  • cupholders
  • timing belt job (doesnt currently run but thats all thats wrong with it, nothings broken water pump just went out)
I have a long list of things to do to him, however I will post that list in the pictures thread :)

I'm super happy to finally be a Bug owner I will definately be making Wattson my own :D

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I am happy to hear that you adopted Wattsom. I hope you are happily driving him soon! :heart:

We love pics, before and after, good and bad. :eek:

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Welcome to the org! Congratulations about your own Bug :)

I like the name Wattson ;) Maybe because I am Sherlock Holmes fan, and his friends name is Watson. :p

Greetings from Finland.

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
WOOT! Congrats on your beetle:bigthumb:

Props to you for the beetle renewal. Do timing belt first:bigthumb:

Hope you'll get a photo thread up and running soon. It would be great to see a photo journal of your beetle coming back to life:D

And I see you in TN...great! Hope to see you at the Tail of the Dragon GtG in May,2012!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the generous welcomes!

I have actually thought some more about the name and am re-dubbing him Buzz :) I realize this isn't exactly common, but I like it better, rolls off the tongue nicely :)

I'm about to start my pictures thread :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts