Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the vehicular love of my life.

my subtle mods:
clear corners
black altezza tails
monster mats
euro lightswitch
rear foglight

pre-pick up visit back in march... love at first sight...

and some so stock (well, + badge):

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
I know how you feel. I love the kiss pic! :)

·
Sloooooooow Down!!!!
899 Posts
got the no drill spoiler from gpa (landspeed) major sponsor of .org-just click on gpa at top of page.

Can get them already painted. I got a perfect match.

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
Can't wait to meet him. :O)

Gotta make a pit stop on the way at a VW dealer somewheres to get a repair wire, but other than that...smooooth sails. :O)

I have red LEDs...you can go stealth for now until you choose to order it up.

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
Beautiful New Beetle you got there. 13km new, thats awesome. Very tastfully modded. I cant wait to see him with the Mille Miglia's on. You are going to love it. While we were waiting for my wife's beetle to come in we drove a plat. grey one, let me just say that color is awesome. It was marys second choice.:)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yelojkt said:
Beautiful New Beetle you got there. 13km new, thats awesome. Very tastfully modded. I cant wait to see him with the Mille Miglia's on. You are going to love it. While we were waiting for my wife's beetle to come in we drove a plat. grey one, let me just say that color is awesome. It was marys second choice.:)
thanks for the wonderful compliments :):)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so without the red lens, we improvised with a regular bulb and the little red... cap... and a short drive to fredonia, NY today gave me a rear fog! so we're stealth for the time being.

i owe justin a lot, for lying on the new york pavement underneath my car, even while i leaned against it fiddling with my taillight and almost squashing his head :)

and thanks to matt for showing us his town, and giving us some SERIOUS and hot winter tires to sit and lean up against while the operation was in progress :)

i love it SO MUCH.

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
"ahhhhh....is someone sitting on the car because MY HEAD IS UNDERNEATH IT!!!!"

good times this weekend...and i got to drive elton too. :O) he's definitely a boy...he likes to play, and he feels friskier than jenna did stock (that's the boy coming out).

seriously, it's all good...i had a great time meeting you and elton, and i'd do it again in a heartbeat. mayhaps a trip to canada should be in the work for matt and i next time...

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
Looks really great !

I however find it very strange that you Americans want what we've got, and vice versa...

You want a foglight, as we find that red cap do disgusting, and replace it with a white cap. You want Euro-emblems (blue), as we change ours for the chrome ones.... Hahahah :D

We should trade everything ;)

PS. What is a Euro lightswitch ? :confused:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
first of all, i MUST point out that i am canadian! :cool:

if my car was accented with blue (rather than red, as i've gone with), i'd be all over the euro-emblems ;) however, i like my black ones! right now my rear fog side is still the white light cover, but i do want to get the red one. personally, i like the way it's unique, and would do the rear foglight job to the fullest--by being noticable!

the euro switch is just the version of the switch for the lights that is stock (i think) on most of the european models; in north america, we get one that only has off > headlights on > headlights + front fogs on. so we have to track down the euro one to have the option for a rear fog at all.

i guess we're just fascinated by what we don't have :rolleyes:

BeetleJuice said:
Looks really great !

I however find it very strange that you Americans want what we've got, and vice versa...

You want a foglight, as we find that red cap do disgusting, and replace it with a white cap. You want Euro-emblems (blue), as we change ours for the chrome ones.... Hahahah :D

We should trade everything ;)

PS. What is a Euro lightswitch ? :confused:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, he's dirty, it's the end of winter, but i figured i have an occasion for atleast an up-to-date picture: tomorrow is our one-year car-aversary! just turned over 37,000km yesterday :rolleyes:

anyhow, here's the boy in his snowsuit and winter shoes (our eternal thanks to justin <3) :cool:

and as stock as they are, i can't wait to put my other wheels back on... they're all shined-up and ready to go. atleast until i've saved enough for my big 18s... :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gilligan said:
I don't believe I have ever seen a guy beetle before? He's very hansome though I gotta admit. take good care of him.:)
thank you :rolleyes: he gets only the best care. and he's definitely a boy; i knew he was from the moment he was ordered. he gets all the attention from me and my girlfriends, and the guys are jealous ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GINA said:
Pepper is definitely a Beetledude.

herTDI, your car looks all bundled in his snowsuit :p Bet you can't wait til it gets warmer!
yep, keeps him warm lol or atleast somewhat shielded from chunks of ice and muck ;)

and you're right--i am SOOOO wanting warm weather again!!:cool:

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
I was wondering where you have been? ;)

Our former TDI, Betel, was male. He was a beautiful workhorse, and we loved him. :kiss:

Glad to see your TDI kept you safe throughout the harsh winter. Soon, he can shake off those winter garments, and really shine! :party:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts