NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
member of the old *****
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Hess diesel fuel in my area has a greenish tint to it.is this the low sulfer diesel that we have been hearing about?what does the hess green tint fuel do /milage/low sulfer/or is it just regular diesel? :confused:

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
The green tint is normal. It is just a color left behind from the crude oil. Depending on the feed stocks, the diesel can be clear, green, or brown. If it is red, that means off road diesel and, DO NOT USE it.
Think of it like M&Ms. You got the Green one!

·
member of the old *****
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
low sulfer diesel

hannaco said:
The green tint is normal. It is just a color left behind from the crude oil. Depending on the feed stocks, the diesel can be clear, green, or brown. If it is red, that means off road diesel and, DO NOT USE it.
Think of it like M&Ms. You got the Green one!
how about the low sulfer diesel is it out yet?:confused:

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
The ULSD fuel has been out for quite some time. It is mostly available in California and Texas. A few areas around Chicago also have it. Look for it at BP/Arco stations.
Nice clean burning stuff, but a little less MPG.
Coming to a station near you soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Low sulpher Diesel is the national STD now. You can still get High Sulpher Diesel but that is moslty for Off road use equipement. I think your all getting confused about the ultra low or Zero Sulpher Diesel. Its becomming more common becasue of the 2008 CARB requirements. As for the RED dye that ban was lifted after Katrina to get the stocks back up to normal and to help reduce the cost spikes in the areas most impacted by the shortages. I'm not sure the ban has been re-instated but don't worry if you get Red fule from a normal taxed pump.

·
Diesel Inside
359 Posts
I thought Ultra Low Sulfer Diesel wasn't supposed to be a standard until September of this year...I'm almost positive that's right. And the pumps should be marked ULSD. I don't think every station, or very many, where you pull up to the green pump is ULSD. I could be wrong...but I'd like to see an article or something about it. I'm pretty sure I read on tdiclub that it was sometime around September of this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts