NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
All this & I can cook too
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some stuff off of ECS, one of which was the Fumoto oil pan drain valve. I've been wanting to do this for some time. I checked with their sales rep to verify the fitment even though their online application guide showed it was a direct fit. Their rep told me it was a direct fit, and of course when I got it - the thing won't fit... the threads are too small for the drain on my oil pan, both with the adapter that comes with it and without the adapter. I was hoping someone here has bought the same item and had the same problem.

So does anyone know where to get an adapter so I can use this instead of just sending it back?

Thanks,
Chef

·
Wife's 01 1.8T mechanic
629 Posts
Do you have the aluminum pan or the hybrid with the steel bottom? Perhaps their adapter is made for one or the other. Call them...

·
All this & I can cook too
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course I called them, and they weren't helpful. I have the aluminum oil pan, I've done the oil service on the car since I bought it and I bought the one their rep suggested. Then again, I purchased four items from them the first time I bought from their site and two of the four don't fit my vehicle. Instead of having to drain the oil (again) and take the oil drain plug and the adapter to a plumber's supply, I was hoping someone here would know which adapter to use. ECS's rep told me he would send me the info so I could return the part and I have not heard back from them yet so I will call them again tomorrow. Everyone makes mistakes so if they make this right I will buy from them again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts