NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im replacing my door lock actuator,not the key part,and theres a plastic piece that holds the door lock to the panel assembly,whats it called and the best place to get it pricewise? ive looked at the junkyard but they r all broke or about to,any and all info is appreciated thnx bb

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no its not 4... i think? it might be 12 if that piece is plastic?and ive looked around i found door lox and parts but not that plastic piece that holds the door locking mechanisim to the door panel assembly? it rivits to the door lock and the panel any more ideas? not knowing what its called im having a time trying to look up that part i even went to 1st vw where u said and couldnt find it..thnx for the help thus far thou

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
Do you have a photo of the damaged part? It's always possible to use epoxy resin to repair plastic parts....

S-

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is part?

hey guys figured it out,its called a retainer bracket,and i just traced the old one onto an 1/8 th inch aluminum and made my own worx great and a good way for u guys to do in the future cause i know broken ones are common,ive never tried adding pix in here so i will if it dont work i`d be more than happy to email em to ya thnx for the help and i`ll see u on the next problem which should be soon :D

Attachments

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
Photo came out pretty good! It helps us figure out exactly what you're talking about. Custom repair also looks decent. I came across several of those brackets while at the local pick'n pulls. Most of them broken due to people ripping the skins off the door panel without regard for anyone that might need a future part. :mad: (intentional damage always hacks me off...)

Glad you managed a work-a-round that looks good and is functional!

S-

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what is it

yea i was happy and ur right about the junkyards most of the ones i saw we damaged cause they just ripped out the panel,but ethier way they r cheap and this turned out to be a good stabil fix,glad u like thnx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts