NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
their is only so far u can go to tune a 1.8t b4 u start running into problems.... chips, n-75, downpipes, are all great and dandy but, after a while u get bord and wanna be diffrent... then u start pulling stuff off... getting bigo intercoolers.... mesing with boost and timing. then u start running into problems.... take a look at my car... here is all my mods: 31x12x4 intercooler with 2.5 inch piping, no maf, no turbo inletr pipe just running a screen over the compressor housing, no n249,no n211, no n-75, boostvalve mbc and wg conected to side vac port on intake manni, ported intake manni, all pcv removed, all air pump removed,no exhaust, hks bov, 7 pound flywheel, 6 pluck racing clutch... with all theis stuff, how dose my car run... well like crap. i run so rich i shoot 2 foot fireballs. my idle is 1000 rpm just so the clutch wont chatter. i get very bad idle dip on decell and usaly stall out 5 or 6 times a day bc of it... anything over 14 ponds of boost i start missfiring.... and i dont whant to even get into what happend with the gt30r. jsut something to think about... like whe people say oOo imma be so fast with my t3/t4. or imma take this off... iight dude.. but be aware its just not bolt on and go... thats y i get so mad at people when their like i want a gt28rs but they dont even know how to pull of the engine cover... its all trial and error on thies cars... im sorry just wanted to say something i love u!!!!!

·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh i still got it... but i was trying to run on revo bt and it diddnt work.. bc they suck... and its was just nasty....

·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
or when i dish out the extra 500 bucks i need for dbc pettals and throttle body

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
v-dubed said:
its all trial and error on thies cars... im sorry just wanted to say something i love u!!!!!
Is it really any different with any other car? (at least, any other modern car)

·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eehh honda, nissan.... lol its all plug and play... for us its like... nope try agine

·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know right.... if i dont start its no fun lol

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
thats why vw's are respected by others, they cost more to mod, and they take more technical aptitude.

jd

·
The NC Cat
399 Posts
Cheer up !

v-dubed said:
... its all trial and error on thies cars... im sorry just wanted to say something i love u!!!!!
But, didn't you have fun ? I mean modding, taking apart ... wasn't it fun ? Isn't that what it is about ? I am spending a lot in making and designing my carputer i'm way behind and I spent more than I should have, but I am having fun. Some people spends money going to the theater and they enjoy it. I prefer spending money (and time, lots of time) with my carputer and you modding. Cheer up ! :)

·
dub-tech.com
13 Posts
Tell me you aren't really surprised your car runs like crap with that list of hacks...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah thats how it goes with all VW's when you get into serious mods. My previous project was a mkIII jetta 2.0L 8v turbo running custom chip tuning. I had a T3/T4 57trim and 42lb injectors along with all the other goodies. Something was broken every week and it ran like crap most of the time, but walking away from a mildly modded wrx on 6psi was worth it. I won't even get into 15psi tuning(no traction, well over 100mph in 4th)

Now I will be doing a turbo upgrade on my Turbo S, probably same turbo as my 8v and shooting for 3-350whp depending on boost levels and octane. I know the problems that are ahead but will do it anywyas because thats why I love VW's, all the hard times are worth it in the end. Oh Yeah, own two cars if you are attempting foolishness like this:D

·
HepKitty from Hepcat City
29 Posts
Yeah it does take alot in the New Beetle...

I own several cars, and my Neon has been the most mod friendly platform, big turbo, big power, drive all day with no issues, car runs 11's and traps 125mph...

·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok i have a new theiry on whats wrong... its bc im not running a maf and the diode is gay... so im running off a base map or something... its hard to explane... so imma try to some how to run a maf.... it will most defently not be on the compressor side.... so if the maf is the problem imma say screw it and fully install the standalone... and maybe try and get it to run on dbw... ive seen a coule of peeps do it... idk will see... and imma about to prolly buy a 2.0 block... and just tear every thing apart... like i do best

1 - 15 of 15 Posts