VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 beetle turbo with no real problems until a month ago. my rear spoiler started making the most horrible noise every time it would open and close and not soon after it just remained stuck in the open position so now I have that annoying light on on my dashboard. the manual switch under the steering isn't doing anything as far as controlling it and the fuses are not blown, are there any other alternatives to fixing the spoiler before I haul off and take it to the VW dealership for service that just may be an arm and a leg?????

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,471 Posts
Maybe it needs some WD-40 or some white lithium grease? Not sure!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, I tried that when it initially started making noise and it got stuck anyway..I think it may be the gears within the spoiler because that's really the only thing that's left if the fuses are good and there are no other electrical problems..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

·
BEAR
109 Posts
sounds like something in the mechanism broke off and jammed the gears. I do not know mechanism that raises and lowers the spoiler is called but that is the part that will likely have to be replaced. I don't have a shop manual showing that. Need some help from someone in the group that does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts