VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am obviously new to the forum...although I have been looking at various threads for a while. I am excited to find a group of people who love their New Beetles like I do and wanted to introduce myself and join the conversation.

I have been in love with the NB since I was 12 (1998), I saw my first one that summer, yellow, at the beach, it was love at first sight.

I had a 2000 GLS my senior year, but a boyfriend totalled it and my parents were angry...so it was back to the old sunfire...

Last year, I bought my 2001 GL Beetle, it had low miles and was a one owner. I named it Pluto. I really love having a beetle, driving a beetle, and pulling up places where I can see my reflection driving a beetle. I love the crank windows in the GL. I do need to fix the headliner and speakers soon though.

This weekend, I decided to bring another beetle into the family. I found a Green Silver Chromaflair on eBay and I had to have it. I paid for it today and the carrier should deliver by the end of the month, pics and updates to come then...

I know I saw some pictures of other peoples groups of beetles...I am happy that I will be a member of the multiples club. My dream was to have one in every color...

Anyway, thanks for reading, hopefully I can make some beetle friends and maybe someone knows how to fix the headlights (the Chromaflair has one burned out).

·
All this & I can cook too
482 Posts
Welcome to the 'org :) The headlights are easy to work with and you will find plenty of posts here about the inner workings. They look a little complex at first but once you see how they work they're not bad at all.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
You've got one Beetle friend right here:yaya:

Love, love, love the Chromaflair new beetles. Can't wait to see the pics.

What city do you keep your beetles parked? There just might be a fellow orger nearby. Always good to have beetle people close by.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
You, my dear, are very much like me. I had loved them too, since even before I saw my first one, a 98 black one, with an elderly, gray haired couple, and the license plate - I will never forget - GRUVY. :p

It wasn't until 2002, that I was able to get my first one. I have strayed a few times, but I am always so much happier driving a New Beetle. Our happy, round, fun cars.

I've driven many cars in my life, but never had the feelings about any of them, that I have with my NBs. Just because of my New Beetles, I've made friends from ALL over the world!

It's amazing, really.

Welcome to the Org! Thanks for joining us at the looney house! :)

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,471 Posts
Welcome to the Org from frozen Minnesota. :) BTW: you must joum us for Tail of the Dragon in May in Bryson City, North Carolina. Also iirc we have another Orger in Richmond, Blurpledad.... he has a Sundown Orange.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the warm welcomes :)

I really enjoy my NB, I just paid the shipping company today, so the new one should be coming in the next week or two.

I saw the Tail of the Dragon thing, I was already thinking about making the journey :)

The Sundown Orange is on the forum huh? Richmond is a small town, I am pretty sure I know the car. I am very observant of the presence of the beetle and know most of them in town lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts