NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Guess I’ve been lurking long enough. My name is Dick - I’m a Kansas guy – I live just south of Wichita. I've really enjoyed reading the posts, soaking up as much information as I can, and hearing what other folks have to say about their NBs. The folks in this group appear to be really nice too. It’s been a while since I’ve had a VW – 40 years to be exact. When I was a junior in college my dad bought me a 1965 bug (with sunroof) when the “new” 1966s came out. It cost $1999.00. This week I finalized a deal for a 2006 Salsa Red New Beetle, TDI, tiptronic/automatic, with package #2. Unfortunately, the cost of this new bug is considerably more than my first beetle! Its estimated delivery date is January 9th – I’ll be picking it up from Topeka, where my daughter and her family reside. Obviously I’m excited and will post pictures just as soon as it arrives. My guess is that my daughter and son-in-law will probably be the first ones to drive it (they're excited too).

·
Tell your mom I said hi
444 Posts
A TDI NB with DSG is like a God amongst cars. Enjoy, post pic and welcome to the org.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the ORG!

The people are real nice here.

I can't wait to see your New Beetle!

John K.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys. Thanks for the nice words. Hey, part of my car arrived today - I got the "TDI" badge I ordered. Now all I need is something to stick under it...See ya.

Attachments

·
Just having fun!!!!!!!!!!
333 Posts
Welcome from another Kansan. Marcus and I live in Wichita and we both have beetles. Yelojkt is a 2000 1.8T that belongs to Marcus and Rubie is a 2006 salsa red pkg 2 2.5L that belongs to me. Maybe we will see you around town sometime. If you see us don't be afraid to wave. We will wave back.:)

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi. Thanks for the welcome Mary (I think it's Mary, right?). I'm very familiar with your car from the beautiful pictures you have posted. I've always kinda been a "red" guy, and when I saw your car I knew that was the color for me. You have very good taste! Of course your husband's car is beautiful also. I privately emailed him a while back and he graciously answered my questions. I also tried to send you a private message, but for some reason the mail did not go through. Thanks for the note.

·
Just having fun!!!!!!!!!!
333 Posts
Thank you for the kind words about rubie. When you get your beetle give Marcus or I a hollor and we will have to meet up with you and your family and let our beetles hang out and make friends. :) Mary

·
I Luv CGB!!!
2,128 Posts
Welcome to the Org. I too lurked around here before I became a member. The people here are so friendly & knowledgable that I had to join. Obviously since you tested the waters you know you'll like it here. Gald to have you as part of the Org Family.:)

·
Just Bugged
61 Posts
another Kansan

Welcome to the site from another Kansan...

I not sure if it a good idea to have your daughter drive it before you get it, you may not get it back:D I love our beetle you will too..

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Welcome, glad you're here. Whatever questions you may have, you'll get the answers here. Looking forward to the pics :wave2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts