NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm brand new here. I own a 2003 convertible that I purchased pre-owned last January (much to the chagrin of my family).

That's it, in the avatar :) I love it!

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

Now, what do you mean, "much to the chagrin of my family"? Do they hate it? Or, more likely, are they envious? ;)

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
hello and welcome! can't wait to see full-sized pics soon! :wave:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dnyed said:
Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

Now, what do you mean, "much to the chagrin of my family"? Do they hate it? Or, more likely, are they envious? ;)
Wow, you guys are quick, and thanks for the welcomes!

Well, I don't know if they think it's just "not me" but the first week I had it, they kept giving me a hard time about it. DH is a "statusy car guy" and wanted me to have a convert. BMW or an Acura SUV. Ick. DD said I was having a mid life crisis. How did I end up with this family? No, really they are okay and now dd likes to borrow it (oh yeah, then I'm paying for the gas!) and DH has driven it too (but he takes the flowers out of the vase before he goes anywhere).

I'm hoping to find people more like me here! :)

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Drive it proudly, and heck with the naysayers! They just don't understand, do they?

Here is my hubby, and son, and his NBC........ He doesn't care what anyone else thinks, and the flower in the vase stays! ;)

Attachments

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
I would like to welcome you to the place where i can annoy people on an hourly basis all day long.

But seriously...this site's fantastic and so are the peoplesesesesss...

Don't you think the Beetle is a status car?? It says i can afford a rad set of wheels AND i have a personality. :goodjob: Don't let the "other car" people getcha down. Our cars are the best ever!

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Hi and welcome. You made the right choice in cars :bigthumb:
Now about your family......Just kidding. I think you'll find lots of friendly people with tons of experience and knowledge on NB's :wave2:

·
1,255 Posts
:wave2:Hello Stanny from another Arkie. Welcome to the .org, you'll love it. Where are you in Arkansas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Duffy said:
:wave2:Hello Stanny from another Arkie. Welcome to the .org, you'll love it. Where are you in Arkansas?
Hi Duffy! I'm in Fayetteville (A heck of a long way away from Jonesboro, since I went there last summer to take my DD to camp!)

·
I Luv CGB!!!
2,128 Posts
Welcome Stanny!! You'll love it here. Lots a great people to converse with. Enjoy youself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey im in bella vista, we need to all go hit the pig trail with the bugs some time, a arkansas group drive or somthing, i bought my wife a 03 beetle for c-mas, and i think i like as much as she does. LOL

Attachments

·
Oh noooooooo!
1,052 Posts
bakersdozen54 said:
hey im in bella vista, we need to all go hit the pig trail with the bugs some time, a arkansas group drive or somthing, i bought my wife a 03 beetle for c-mas, and i think i like as much as she does. LOL
We need to have a GTG soooooo bad. I'm so happy that there are more AR members on here but I wish we lived closer to each other. We're kind of scattered around the state.:) Oh and welcome to the Org Stanny!:) :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts