NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals,
My good lady recently acquired a 2004 Blue Beetle with 90K on the clock and it looks real cute. She has already named it "BlueBonnet" and is extremely happy with the way it looks and drives (anything was better than the gas guzzling Tahoe she previous drove!!). :)

I hope to glean tips and repair tricks for this motor, as you can imagine the previous owner sold it "as is", and you don't find out what the "as is" are until you've paid and had it for a week. :(

Oh, and become a participating member of this community.

Regards,
Andrew (Trosty)

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Welcome to the Org Andrew. Be sure to fill out your profile, and share some pics!

Also, if you are up for a drive, we have a weekend cruise in October in Oklahoma. We will be driving the Talimena Scenic Drive in eastern OK and western Arkansas. We'd love to have ya join us, info is in my signature!!

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Welcome!

Glad to have you,glad you found US here at the ORG! A new beetle is WAY more FUN to drive than a Tahoe for sure :jumpy:

I like the 'bluebonnet' name TOO! :D

ENJOY the experience :banana:

·
Super Moderator
8,918 Posts
Yay...the DFW presence on thele Org grows!
Glad you joined and hope to meet you one day.
If the previous owner can be contacted, please ask about the timing belt!
You are at the mileage where you want to get that checked/replaced. If you have a Turbo or TDI a thrown timing belt will damage your engine for about the price you probably paid for your car.

Antoine

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts