VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ric
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a new-bee and don't have a clue how to use this thing. I recently purchased (a month) the new love of my life a 2004 VW Beetle Convertible. Already I had to get a new wind shield (no big problem in SC) but the window and convertible switch had to be replaced. Now, I am trying to get the CD player (6 disc's mounted in the trunk) to work. There dose'nt seem to be any power because no lights come on. It seems every time I go to VW it cost me at least $600.00. Has any body had this problem or know of how I can check it out.
Tks
Ric

Did I do this right?????

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
It worked! :D

The changer itself, does not light up. The control is on the head unit, in a "CD" selection button. To know if the changer in the trunk has power, try to open it to add CDs. It won't open if not powered.

In 2004, were the changers not in the armrests? :confused: If so, that might be the reason. My 2005 NBC had the armrest access.

Take a look, or even better, post a picture of your open center console. This will be a big clue.

Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts